The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Movie

Today's review is on the movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. It is a movie based off of the first Mortal Instruments book by Cassandra Clare. It follows Clary Fray as she works to rescue her kidnapped mother. As she does this she discovers that she isn't human, but a Shadowhunter--a half-human half-angel demon hunter. She meets a group of young shadowhunters--Jace Wayland, Isabelle Lightwood, and Alec Lightwood--while inside a club with her best friend Simon and begins the journey into the world of Shadowhunters, Demons, Vampires, Werewolves, Warlocks, and Faeries. 

I loved this book series and I liked this movie. I do think that it was quite different from the book and some of the differences were kind of off putting (the situation with the demon in Clary's apartment, the whole incest situation being downplayed--if you've read the book and seen the movie you know what I mean, and a couple other little things). But I do have to say this movie had action, romance, humor, and so many more qualities that made it really amazing to watch. I did absolutely love the main cast (except the guy playing Magnus, whilst he looked the part I felt like his acting was sub-par) and the sets were so awesome. 

(2016 input: I prefer it to the show)

Websites to check out for more info:
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/themortalinstruments/discanddigital/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1538403/

Comments

Popular Posts