Happy February!

Been a bit since my last post so I thought I'd get on here and say a little bit about what's going on with me.
I am currently a university student so that keeps me relatively busy. I'm majoring in Creative Writing, which is great. The department at my school is amazing, everyone is so nice and the classes are pretty fun. I'm writing a ton of flash fiction, which isn't all that common for me--but it is going really well. I'm enjoying the sweet and short pieces that I write. I've submitted a few to magazines here and there--we'll see how that goes. It's nice to just be actively doing things in the writing world.

I've posted a couple new YouTube videos in the past couple weeks. The first is a book haul, all of the books I've purchased so far this year. The next is me talking about Throne of Glass--I'd say review, but it's mostly just me raving about how amazing it is and then crying because the next book doesn't come out until the end of October. Fun, right?

I've been keeping up with my Goodreads goal pretty well so far (8/40 as of today). Reading between classes proves to be productive, get through books pretty quickly that way.

I finally read The Maze Runner, it's taken me so long to get it! I watched the first movie right after it came out (2014?) and knew I wanted to read the books but then I put it on the back burner and it took me nearly 4 years to return. They're really good! I knew ahead of time that they changed them from the books and that was something I was nervous about going in--I think seeing the movies first was a good help with that. I actually think I prefer the movie storyline, it kind of flows better in a way. Don't get me wrong, I love the books and I'm happy to have read them and I think they have amazing description. But I also feel like I understood more from the movies. I am upset about that thing, I don't think I'll be getting over that ever. But, anyway, if you haven't seen the movies: check 'em out. Read the books, too, if you're into that.

That's mostly everything I have going on right now. So happy February (I guess happy March, since March is tomorrow?) and I'll update you guys again soon!

Thanks for reading,
Jaz

Comments

Popular Posts