The Selection by Kiera Cass


Hey guys,
So today I wanted to give you my opinion on The Selection Series by Kiera Cass.
For those of you that don't know The Selection series centers around a girl named America in a world where the social classes are divided into castes. Each caste gives you a certain status and allows you to do certain jobs. America is a five. In this time the prince, Maxon, is now of age and is able to take a wife. To decide who is wife will be he is holding a selection. This brings in 35 girls for him to choose from. (I'm awful at descriptions)
The blurb on Amazon says:
"For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined."
Anyway,
I loved this series and really couldn't put it down. I originally bought the first two books (The Selection and The Elite). Once I finished those I wasted no time in buying The One (as well as The Heir, which I think I will be doing a book review video of soon). I did really love this series (I think I made an earlier blog post talking about it). America was such a great character and I had a great time reading from her point of view. She was lovely. 
I had my moments of anger and confusion about things, which my post before said (I think) but overall I loved it. 
Plus the book covers are absolutely gorgeous. 

Series Website
Buy the first book

Comments

Popular Posts