London

So, If you've been following this blog or reading my old posts (or following me anywhere else) then you know that I am in London, for study abroad. I'll be here until the end of May. (I will be posting videos of my trip once I get settled in)
Let me tell you, this trip has not gotten off to the greatest of starts. I'll give you a rundown of what's happened.

1. My flights got delayed and pushed around pretty annoyingly, meaning I missed my flight out of Dublin and NEARLY missed the NEXT flight I was pushed to, purely because of customs and security (more about customs later).
2. My luggage somehow went missing in between the plane (of which I saw it come off) and the baggage claim. I still have no updates on it at this time. That was all of the stuff I needed for FIVE MONTHS. I now have to go out and purchase all new clothes and things in London (which is quite expensive to a starving college student). I'm essentially spending my food money on clothes, which would be great if it was really my choice. But I need clothes. 
3. My key for my door didn't work for a good few days. I couldn't lock my door so I had to carry around my book bag with my computer in it for a while (which when you're spending all day walking around, is annoying)

Anyway, things are starting to look up now. I am a bit homesick as everything here is all new and overwhelming to me but I'm sure once I get used to it I'll be alright. And by that time I'll be otw home (mailing my stuff back because I don't have a suitcase anymore and don't trust airlines anymore). This will probably be the last time I do this though (I might travel to London again for a couple weeks, on a somewhat direct flight, but never like this). 

No offense to those of you in England! I love this place, it's gorgeous! Maybe it's London's busy-ness and huge-ness that is just too much for me. There's so much too it and I can't go anywhere alone because I could never manage. 

Thanks for reading and I'll see you again soon (showing you the fun stuff that I've been up to)

Jazz

Comments

Popular Posts