Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare | Review

Hey everyone!

So over the last day or so I've been reading Cassandra Clare's new book Lord of Shadows. 
Let me start by telling you a bit about this particular series. It is apart of the Shadowhunters world, along with the incredible series known as The Mortal Instruments and it's prequel The Infernal Devices (as well as quite a few others). I have been reading these novels for quite some time, invested since I want to say around 2010. Lord of Shadows, specifically, is apart of the Dark Artifices the first book being Lady Midnight. It follows Emma Carstairs and the Blackthorn family (Julian, Tiberius, Livia, Drusilla, and Octavian) as they deal with a very odd string of murders taking place in Los Angeles, CA. As they try to solve these murders many obstacles, betrayals, and hardships cloud their resolution. In the first novel they were able to solve these murders. The second brings forth the repercussions of them solving it, which causes a lot more trouble for them than you might think. 

I hope that description did the books well, without giving much of the story away. I've said it before and I will say it again, I love Cassandra Clare's work. She's incredibly talented and her world is absolutely breathtaking. The layers of thought and care she's put into this world makes it seem so real and effortlessly blends it in with out own. I adore her work completely. 

I started Lord of Shadows at 9PM last night and read until my eyes burned at around 2 in the morning. I started reading again at around 12 the next day (after waking up late and having to make brunch for my family) and again, I couldn't bare to put it down, at 8PM tonight I finished it. 

It was both invigorating and painful to read. Beautifully written and elegantly planned. Throughout reading it I was talking to my friends, telling them how excited I was or how nervous I was, relaying every new feeling I experienced during this read, and believe me there were MANY.  And the end...I really really didn't see that happening. 

I don't want to spoil any of it because with ever turn I found something new that I didn't know was coming and it made my heart pound and a grin light up my features. I wouldn't want to ruin that for anyone. 

Please go read this series--or ANY of Cassandra Clare's books, really. They're all amazing. 

LINKS 

Amazon
Shadowhunters




Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed my opinion and decide to check out the book. If you'd like to see my other things click the link below
YouTube



Comments

Popular Posts