Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Hey guys,

So I read Rachel Hawkins' novel Rebel Belle last week and I thought I would share with you my thoughts on said book. 

First let me give you a little synopsis of the book:
It is about a girl named Harper Price, an all-American cheerleading Southern Belle. She is living the high life of royalty at her high school until the night of Homecoming when a rather unfortunate run-in with the school janitor changes her life, for better or for worse has yet to be determined.

Okay so it took me a few hours to read this book. It was an easy read which I liked. I liked the idea of the "perfect" girl at school having a dark secret like this. But I actually didn't like this book all that much. 
It took me a while to actually get into the story and once I did I'd reached the end and felt utterly let down. I did not like the ending of this book at all. I don't want to give any spoilers but it was just weird and felt rushed and there were moments where I was like "what just happened?" 
I am going to read the second book to see if maybe that changes my mind but at the moment I'm not all that impressed.

(I do want to say, Rachel Hawkins' writing is actually pretty great though, I like her attention to detail within the story. I just wasn't a fan of this particular story)



LINKS

Amazon
Goodreads
Penguin

Comments

Popular Posts